Help with stop error at 0x0000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was downloading when my computer had a blue screen error. at first it was at 0x0000007e then when i restarted it for a few times, it stop at 0x0000008e.the whole error was 0x0000008e (0xc0000005,0x804e3687,0xbac827c0,0x00000000)

the error only pops up when i try to login my profile (which is the admin). the other profiles are not affected. i've search for the probable fixes but my problem is that affected profile is the only admin profile. it hangs on start up. when the taskbar appears the error would pop-up so i'm guessing it is a software problem because it if was a hardware problem then the other profiles would also have an error but they do not. i cannot do the suggested fixes because the error pops up on startup.

please i don't know what to do. i have enough disk space (free space of 53 gb). my video adapter and bios seems fine (the other profiles are working). it might be the firewall but the other profiles also have the firewalls (zonealarm, windows firewall, sunbelt personal firewall) running and they seem fine.

the specs of my pc are

athlon 64 3000+, mmx, 3dnow, ~1.8Ghz
512mb ddr ram
motherboard:MSI MS-7125
video card:nvidia geforce 6200 turbocache, 256mb pcie
windows xp pro sp2 build 2.6

There are many things that can cause these errors the most common is bad RAM -> in your case though the first thing I would try is updating your Video drivers if that doesn't work

do you have 1 stick of 512MB memory or 2 X 256MB of memory?

If you have 2 sticks the first thing to do is remove one of the memory modules. If you again get the error message remove a different memory module, or install the RAM in a different memory slot. If you have 1 stick try moving it to the open slot to see if the error persist.

Less common causes could be:
*Incompatible video adapter drivers.(Try updating video adapter drivers)
*A damaged device driver or system service.(Use restore point or Windows Repair)
*If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it may be caused by a third-party remote control program. (View the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) to determine if the PCI devices in the computer are compatible with Windows XP http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx)

And the least common: your BIOS may need and update. Check the manufacturer of your motherboard or computer for support and downloads to make sure your BIOS is up to date.

if it helps you to create another admin user then do this:

- login as user with a non admin account
- go to start > run and type in cmd
- a dos box opens
- type in the following (where admin = username of the admin account)
runas /user:admin "control userpasswords2"
- hit enter and you will be asked for the password of the admin account
- then add a new local user with admin rights

and there you go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back