Help with trying to restore Gateway Windows Vista to factory default

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanimefanx

I got a computer with windows vista and it is a gateway. The computer came with no CDs/DVDs, and I want to restore vista to its factory default to where you set it all up again, I have updated vista and installed a bunch of programs so I'm a bit worried it won't work, Not only that but gateway said its a good idea to back it up right away when you first load the computer (had no discs at the time).

So can I restore to default factory?, it wont ask me to insert discs I don't have, will it?

Because I seriously DO NOT feel like backing up 7gigabytes as opposed to 4gigabytes as it could've backed up to a disc on the factory default.
Or losing my computer completely because I have 0 discs, In the case I need any during restoring to factory default

And another thing it only allows you to back up vista to a disc ONCE just like with XP. (but i want to back it up at default)

Some help here please?

Are you trying to restore so you can back up less GB?

Since we don't know you GW2K model we have to guess that there is a Recovery Partition on your hard drive that you can access by pressing certain Function key to start recovery to factory default or there might be a Gateway program in the "All Programs" to initiate the recovery from within Windows.

If there is a Recovery Partition, it will not ask for any CDs or DVDs.

In Vista:

Right click on "My Computer"
Select "Manage"
In the left window select "Disk Management"

If there are any "hidden" Recovery partition /s with no drive letter, it will show in the main window.

EDIT: The Recovery program, does not care what you have added or taken off the Windows installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back