TechSpot

Help with windows bubble

By Stacey
Jan 18, 2007
  1. I keep get a windows bubble alert "Your computer is infected" it is prompting me to click and download anti spyware. (Red circle with an X in it) I ran norton, CC Cleaner. Norton picked up two viruses and fixed them, CC Cleaner found nothing. Any suggestions, I am not even able to get rid of the bubble. I use Optimum on line with internet explorer.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Try Ad-Aware SE...

What version of IE are you running?What Operating System? XP? What version? Home or Pro?

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Thread moved to the correct forum.

Your system is infected with malware. This could be something that`s very easy to remove, or it may be quite serious.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread. I`ll take a look and advise you further.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Stacey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

4. Stacey

Stacey TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 146

I appologize for posting in the incorrect area, I'm still new. I turned out that Norton fixed the issue for me. Thank you for answering my posting.
    Stacey

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

That's great Stacey!

Happy Computing :D

6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

That`s good news Stacey. However, I`d still like you to post a HJT log as per the link I gave you, just to make sure your system is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Stacey only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.