Help with XP & Vista 32-bit dual boot: 5 drives, 4 sata raid array 1 boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone out there can please offer some guidance it would be appreciated & I will take you to dinner if your in the tri-state area!

My Dad passed... When he did he was having problems booting up his computer wich is dual boot (xp/vista32) on one drive ide I believe haven't taken a close look at that drive, plus four other sata drives set in a raid array If I recall this is a raid 10 setup??? Anyway windows downloaded an update for his graphics card. since then the compute goes through the initial boot, identifies all hardwae and then stops at a prompt, it does not go to the windows boot menu nor does any windows flash graphic come up. Instead it hangs at a dead cursor where nothing can be typed in. His graphics card is an asus card with an ati chipset and dual monitors installed. All I want to get at is documents and pictures. To add another twist, the 4 Sata drives are partioned into at minimum 15 virtual drives. He was a Dr. and had things scattered all over for legal, personal, trading, patient, insurance, ect... Hence the number of vitual drives.

The big question is, can I run a vista rescue disk or recovery disc to boot it into windows? Or am I going to lose the XP info or all for that matter?

HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.... I do fairly well with computers and have building/repairing my own since college (1989..am I that old?). My dad was a fanatic with them so he buuilt a new one every year I got out of and when it's too slow I move on and rebuild. BTW he has an ASUS PB5 motherboard if my memory serves correct (the box is still at his hous and there too many cables and cards to dig around the MB to find out.

PLease Help!!!!

PLease somebody must be abele to offer some assistance

I am a believer that somebody has come across this if anyone has guidance please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back