Helping finding a new graphics card please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i do not know if this is the correct place for this sort of thing but ill try anyways.

I have a Dell Dimension 9150 desktop computer and i am currently after a new graphics card. i have looked at a few and do not really understand what i am looking for.

I know i have 1 PCI-Express x16 slot which i have been told i can use a PCI-Express 2.0 graphics card in.

I was hoping someone could help me find the right graphics card .

I am willing to pay around £100-£130 for one, i need it so i can play APB online .

If you need any more information about my system in order to help me (thats if someone is so kind enough to help me) then please leave a message and i will reply.

Thanks,

Wayne

According to the specs on Dell's site, the power supply in that PC is 375W (no info on amps). That may not be enough power for a good gaming card but you might want to try it and see what happens.

There's a lot to choose from in your price range but the PSU may be the limiting factor. If you can buy locally (and return if it's not working properly) I would suggest something like a Geforce GTS 250 or an AMD/ATI 5750.

If those don't work then you may need to go for a lower model like the GTS220 or ATI 5570.

What's the CPU and RAM in your system?

I have to say, those are all crap cards, and that first one is a workstation card.

You'll also likely have to throw in a power supply too.

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

POWERCOLOR AX5750 512MD5-H Radeon HD 5750 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Sorry, no euro links, but this certainly tops everything else people mentioned, while staying at about 130 pounds.

Hi all thanks for the replies. I have actually decided to buy a whole new computer. I have had a spec given to me and it is really good. Sorry for wasting ur time. I got an ati radeon 5770 hd 1024mb graphics card :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back