Here is my HijackThis! log....

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so very much in advance for your courteousy and consideration in this matter. i hope you can help. here is some background on my 'puter.....

when i first received my baby about 2 years ago, i was told to format the hard drive and reinstall windows because it has a 'glitch'. well, of course i didnt listen and i have added hundreds of precious pictures and programs. my system has never been 'quite right'. it has only been annoying, not critical.

1. since the beginning i have gotten a big yellow ! in system properties next to:
secondary IDE controller (dual fifo).

2. lately, i cannot run my system resource meter at all. it tells me that RSRC32.dll is missing
i also cannot run search, the window opens but it will not search at all. no error message.

3. last thing, i had 64mb of ram until just about 3 months ago. things were sometimes slow (no, really. not as slow as you think.) i added another 64mb (for a total of 128mb which didnt really seem to make any kind of noticeable difference.) and now sometimes i get an error that says 'system resources are dangerously low!'

i really hope you can help me before i crash and lose my pics. i would do a backup if i knew how and it could guarantee not to mess up my pics. even then i would have to reinstall an external cd burner and i dont think my 'puter would like that. i am trying not to add much anymore.

Thanks again,

Hello GingerLee.Welcome to Techspot.

What is attached to the second IDE chanel ? You should put a CD or DVD burner on that.

ME might be the worst OS in history,but it should allow you to use a burner.

You`ll need a burning program like Nero or Roxio or others.Burn at the slowest speed.

Turn off all unnecessary services and programs while burning.

Check the discs after burning,to make sure your pics are all present and correct.

Once you have done that you should reinstall ME,or preferably 2000

or even 98SE.Anything but ME.Your computer doesn`t sound up to XP.

As for the HJT,most of the things I`ve listed are not spyware,but just unnecessary.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.HERE

Boot into safe mode.See how here.HERE

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

02 - BHO: inExplorer Search - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8AA5-A930F887B531} - (no file)

03 - Toolbar: inExplorer Search - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8AA5-A930F887B531} - (no file)

04 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPLogiFinder] \WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\LOGITECH\HP_FINDER.EXE

04 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1157293228\ee\AOLSoftware.exe

04 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [AOL TopSpeedMonitor] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe

06 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

O9 - Extra button: Your PC is infected with Spyware - click here to fix your PC - {FB74C951-ACA1-4e33-A94C-A9261EB2CCB7} - https://www.spydeleter.com/order2.php?KBID=1004 (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: UltimateBet - {94148DB5-B42D-4915-95DA-2CBB4F7095BF} - C:\Program Files\UltimateBet.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: UltimateBet - {94148DB5-B42D-4915-95DA-2CBB4F7095BF} - C:\Program
Files\UltimateBet.exe

O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on.

Then download CCleaner and let it clean up your system.

Also get rid of AOL.It`s junk.

Use Zone Alarm firewall,and AVG,and keep away from gambling sites.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In addition to Peddants advice, do the following, uninstall Ultimatebet from add remove programmes in your control panel.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly, including renaming HijackThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of GingerLee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back