Here is my pc at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baltan

I have a Antler supercase wich came with a 350watt power supply.
A AMD athlon 64 3000+ skt 754, 160 GB seagate baracuda Hard drive, 512mb pc3200 Geil Memory with aliminium heatsink. Nec DVD/DVDRw etc writter. AKASA Fan at back, air extractor and a Akasa hard drive fan.

The graphics card I have at the moment is a Gigabyte Nividia FX 5200 128mb 8x agp vga dvi tv out. The monitor is a Flat screen LG Flatron L1715s.

All Running On A Gigabyte GA-K8NS nForce3 250 Skt 754 1000FSB, DDR400, SATA RAID LAN, 8ch Audio, USB2, ATX MOTHERBOARD.

I would like to get a better graphics card Plz suggest a good one has to be 8x agp.

Also any suggestions on upgrades would be great thanks.

Baltan

Do you want a new video card for games? If you're looking to play some of the newer games I would also suggest upgrading to 1GB of RAM.

For your current system, something like a 6600 or 6600GT would probably be the most powerful card I would recommend. Anything fast than that would just be starved by the CPU.

It's hard to beat price/performance of a 6600gt. If you want to spend more a x800gto or 6800gs is a good choice.

I would get a 6800GS w/ 8X AGP. Don't worry about your 3000+ bottlenecking that card as the 3000+ is more powerful than the 1.8Ghz suggests. Since you're getting a new GPU, I'm guessing it's for gaming purposes, so I suggest you get at least 1GB of RAM (enough for almost all of today's games at max quality)

Hey Baltan, if you can afford it then go for a 6800GS or a 6800GT if you can still find one.

If you can't get either of those then go for a 6600GT 256MB card. They are also very good at it is what I was originally planning on geting for my new pc.

Also upgrade to a GB of RAM. Or if you are like me and don't like upgrading the pc every month go for 2GB's of ram if you can afford it.

Everything else looks alright.

yup RAM is very cheap nowadays, 2 Gigs is only about $140....also the 6800GS AGP version is very nice....i hear that will be hosting a 7800GS AGP??? maybe that's worth a consideration.

A 754 3000+ is 2ghz with single channel memory and is enough for any AGP card.. With another 512 mb you should be good to go. Only a few games even use more than one gig.

Your power supply is very important too, be sure it will run your new card. If after you install it you have any instablity problems cheak it first.

Thanks guys for the help. I wil update my ram to 1 gig as i play games online. as for the graphics card i will take a look at the prices.

Let u know asap which one i will get.

Baltan

Ok i shal save and get a 6600gt and another stick of memory 512mb!

Cheers for all the help
Baltan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back