Here's a quick look at gameplay footage from the 'Doom' reboot

By Shawn Knight
May 18, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. One of the most anticipated gameplay reveals in years is slated to take place at E3 next month. In the meantime, developer id Software and publisher Bethesda have released a teaser trailer showing the first tidbit of gameplay footage from its Doom remake.

“Tidbit” is an appropriate term in this case considering the teaser features roughly three seconds of actual in-game footage.

doom bethesda e3 found

What you’re seeing in the clip is a familiar foe known as a Revenant. This monster first appeared in Doom II: Hell on Earth in 1994 and again in a refined manner in 2004’s Doom 3. As you can see, the Revenant (and graphics in general) have come a very long way.

Permalink to story.

2. Badelhas

Badelhas TS Enthusiast Posts: 56   +10

3 Seconds? Half Life 3 Confirmed!!!!
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  3. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

For those of you not able to view the video at this time, here is the summary.
    Double barrel shotgun reloaded, bone head screams and goes pew pew.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,164

Dude, spoiler alerts. Jesus Christ.
    SantistaUSA, TomSEA, 9Nails and 3 others like this.
  5. ddg4005

ddg4005 TS Guru Posts: 361   +49

It's about time we're getting some info on the next Doom game. Can't wait to see the full trailer.
  6. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,498   +673

Oh baby! Doom is still my fav and were getting a new edition .... time to start making space on the old hard drive .... LOL
  7. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

I haven't picked up a new FPS in a while (years actually), so if anything I've got to keep an eye out for the new Doom.
  8. jalmos

jalmos TS Rookie

Is there some kind of lexicographic conspiracy regarding the word "gameplay"? Because it does not mean what virtually every headline writer on the planet thinks it means.
    EClyde and SantistaUSA like this.
  9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

No Carmack makes me sad.
  10. Peter Farkas

Peter Farkas TS Addict Posts: 214   +67

Can hardly wait to get my hands on that :)
  11. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 853   +352

Just started playing doom again, after years absence. Brutal doom is hilarious! The blood dripping, flame em and they run around on fire...just cracks me up.

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 905   +240

Sweet... we'll see if it is any good. Not sure if this genra will still be popular but as a classic gamer I'm always interested. I'm hoping it will pretty much be VR ready, but who knows now that Carmack is out.