Hi, building computer, have all parts picked out, need help to check compatibility.

By awsskater892
Jul 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, Im building a computer, Can anyone help me and tell me if evrything here is compattible, because Im not to good with compatibility. thanks -Nick

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2000MHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

Motherboard: ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD - Retail

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Disc drives:(two of these) NEC Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM

Memory: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Videocard: SAPPHIRE 100153L Radeon X1800GTO2 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Soundcard: soundblaster 24bit live

Firewire: have a firewire card

Case: ASPIRE X-DISCOVERY-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Windows: Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2 - OEM
  2. i_am_a_newbie

i_am_a_newbie Newcomer, in training Posts: 278

Yes, it seems good. However, upgrade on stock cooling for your processor, I suggest a Zalman, they're about 30 bucks and they're miles better and much more quiet.

Also, I sincerely hope that case does NOT come with a power supply; as ASPIRE is known for their junk PSU's, especially ones that come with their cases. Go with an Enermax, Forton, Antec, Ultra, etc.
  3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

4. awsskater892

awsskater892 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 212

Yes, I will be purchasing a new power supply I just didnt add it to that list. Are you sure Im gonna need a new heat spreader for the processer? Im not going to overclock, I dont need to with the dual 2.2ghz, so Will it really heat up that much? but if you say it will be alot quiter then I guess its worth it. Anyone else have a ny different ideas??
  5. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,058

The retail processer comes with a heat sink and fan that should be more then enough at stock speeds.
  6. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 Newcomer, in training Posts: 546

yea, ive never had any problems with sound or heat issues with stock cooling.

...AMD
  7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

I have an AMD Athlon FX-55 with stock heatsink and fan. I don't overclock either. It's been fine for about a year and a half.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.