Hi, I Need An Interpreter For My HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there)

Image ActiveX Object

Close control panel.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of debonair247 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Help! Encountering Roadblocks in removal steps

Greetings:

When I reach the SmithFraudFix, my computer (Xp OS) doesnt' reboot in to Safe Mode by tapping nor holding down the F8key, in order to start the Clean process. Please Advise!

So far, after running CCleaner, and installing AVG Anti-Spy, Ad-Aware, and SFFix, my System Alert Pop-ups and Active X Objects are no longer active and present. Wow!

But I need to proceed thru the remaining steps, I know.

Thanx

I have merged your new thread into this one. Please continue to post in this thread.

What happens when you try and enter safe mode?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Safe Mode Reply

My computer simply starts back up in normal mode. Nothing changes when I tap on or hold down the F8 key.

Taken from HERE.

Trouble Getting into Windows 2000 or Windows XP Safe mode - If after several attempts you are unable to get into Windows 2000 or Windows XP safe mode as the computer is booting into Windows, turn off your computer. When the computer is turned on the next time Windows should notice that the computer did not successfully boot and give you the safe mode screen.

See if that helps at all.

If not, run SmitFraud from normal mode if you can.

This thread is for the use of debonair247 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Scan Results & Logs

I was able to run/clean SFfix in normal mode. All programs operated properly, except Ad-Aware stopped and froze its scanning process at a file in "docs & settings" folder. I attempted this twice, but, I needed to cancel to close it out. Other then that, everything else worked fine.

Thanx

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)

O4 - Startup: Reboot.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZNxmk121YYUS

O9 - Extra button: Instant Buzz - {066040F0-5018-4E15-8AA0-81D36136D989} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll

O16 - DPF: {321F38B6-7E5F-470E-B58C-927523B7AF92} - http://scripts.dlv4.com/binaries/egaccess4/egaccess4_1069_em_XP.cab

O16 - DPF: {5F4D3335-3194-4167-85AE-E7325F2695EF} - http://scripts.dlv4.com/binaries/egaccess4/egaccess4_1068_em_XP.cab

O16 - DPF: {AA59202C-5E41-48FC-AF7D-324F5FD6A9F1} - http://scripts.dlv4.com/binaries/egaccess4/egaccess4_1070_em_XP.cab

O16 - DPF: {BFC9677B-8006-4336-9D49-2C797AEFCB9E} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/EGDAccess/EGDACCESS_1058_XP.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re still having problems.

HJT Log After 'Fixed Problems'

It appears that ALL of my malware, adware, spyware, and ware-ever else has been eliminated.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Sure Thing

Thank you for your tech-pertise... it's all worth following thru your instructions to completion. Much props and gratitude.

DT

from spybot forum:I am using SpybotS&D for the last 1.5 years and it is removing most malwares,adwares,spywares successfully and I have put my appreciation in CNET's download.com forum also.I have updated it uptodate,but the following malwares/adwares still remain undetected:-
trafficwaypointcash.com/access.php,emoctionsplanet.com,avatarsplanet.com,
~Hotsexy girls Internet Explorer~,~Crazygirls internet Explorer~,amaena.com,
burstnet.com,em.gad -network.com. These are all opened in IE only,forcibly through 'epass-key.com/?' with an id=4321&nums=N011WWG1Z-
Why SpybotS&D cannot detect these and remove?
Can SpybotS&D give new detection rules for invasion of such malwares ?
Thanks,BMENON.
clear all url's

i would have thought that avg antispyware cleaned that one. run blacklight http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/

Download the Autoruns programme from HERE. When the programme runs, click options and make sure the "Hide Microsoft Entries" is ticked. Click the file menu and select refresh. Click the save icon and save the Autoruns log to wherever you want.

Attach the Autoruns log here, as well as a fresh HJT log.

Run HJT and click the Config button, followed by the Misc Tools button. Click the Open Uninstall manager button. Click the Save List button and save to wherever you want. Close HJT and attach the list here.

Download the AVG Antirootkit programme. Disconnect from the net and install the programme, then restart your computer.

Run the programme and click the "Perform in-depth search." Allow AVG to complete the scan. The AVG scanner will give the "Rootkit path"
* Select the Rootkit Driver by placing a checkmark against it and click "Remove selected items." Next, agree for the terms and conditions that is displayed by AVG and click "OK" to reboot the PC. Reconnect to the net.

Download and run the Blacklight programme. Follow all the instructions carefully.

Let me know the results of the above rootkit scans

Rootkit Results

The AVG rootkit found and removed 5 root paths.
The BLBeta rootkit eliminator found NO hidden root paths.

So far, so good!

So far, no pop-ups. But I'll see how it goes and keep you posted after about 24 hrs.

Thanx a million, Howard.

That`s good news.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back