Hibernate multiple computers with UPS?

By madboyv1
Mar 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, Long time no speak Paladins. :)

I'm considering on getting a new UPS for my PCs, specifically the CyberPower CP1350AVRL, either locally or newegg. I'd be running two computers on this unit and for those who uses CyberPower's UPSs, is there a way to manage two computers with it, considering it has both a USB and serial port?

Assuming it does not, Anyone have any ideas how I could emulate this, or have the PC with the datalink to the UPS shutdown the other? Perhaps using an event to invoke the shutdown command to close a remote computer would be the most raw way of doing it, but I'd love to know if there is a more elegant way.
  2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 467

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 912   +38

unfortunately that script is to enable hibernation, opposed to actually telling the system to shutdown/hibernate/sleep.

Incidentally, I know someone looking for a way to turn off hibernation enmasse, so your link is still rather helpful. =)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.