High Graphic talorant pc?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
My question involves in building a new pc. I am not sure which direction to go as far as getting the right hardware; this pc is going to be used at home the use of this pc is primarily for video recording and editing i don't do any gaming but i use allot of graphics. I like to install XP rather than Vista, but I am not sure if that would make any difference. I need help in determining what I need as far as what type and how good of graphic card do I need should I go for dual processor ?and how much of memory do I need ? any of you computer gurus can help I would be deeply appreciated,
Thank You
Varouge

Video recording, hopefully is going to be done by a capture card with hardware encoding, so you don't need a good video card for that because the video card doesn't do any processing.

If your capture card is no good then it relies on software encoding, that is handled by the CPU. So again, video card doesn't do any real work.

You'll want capture cards with hardware encoding, and if you are going to be doing editing you are going to want the best CPU you can afford, dual or quad core at the moment. If heavy processing, then get a quad core.

Then take whatever money you were anticipating on spending for a good video card and get more RAM instead. Video card means almost nothing in this.

What brand of quad core processor should I buy, and as far as motherboard goes dose it matter which brand? or should I look to buy already assembled name brand pc's? like Sony, or Dell
what is your opinion?
thank you for help.
Jon

You are going to have to give a budget and a better explanation of what you are doing before anyone can make any real suggestions.

Me Personally.....

Varouge said:
What brand of quad core processor should I buy, and as far as motherboard goes dose it matter which brand? or should I look to buy already assembled name brand pc's? like Sony, or Dell
what is your opinion?
thank you for help.
Jon

I'd bag the Sony idea. PC World Mag claims, (as delivered), it has the most abundant trial, vapor, and C***ware installed of any PC they tested. And they're pricey. They gave a Sony Vaio their "most annoying new pc" "award".

What he said....

SNGX1275 has suggested a quad core CPU. At the moment the Intel Q6600 is the winner here, and it's currently selling for about $280.00 (USD). I think that video and photo software will be the first to adopt the multi-thread applications to take advantage of a Quad. Photshop CS, and Photoshop Elements are already written to accommodate multi-processor computers. It's dependent on which OS you choose as to how much memory you need (or can handle), no worry though, it's cheap right now. We should entertain a discussion as to whether RAID 0 needs to be implemented in a video encoding environment.

Anyway, $280.00 down, $420.00 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back