High pitched noise coming from comp and no use of monitor, keyboard, or mouse

By chickmod810
Dec 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I recently got my net back on. I did all suggested driver updates. After installing a game and turning off the comp, when I went to turn it on all I got was a high pitched noise from inside the comp along with no use of my monitor mouse or keyboard. I took the video cards out cleaned them and put them back in, Comp ran fine till I put the game back on the comp. I am now in the same position of high pitched noise along with no keyboard, mouse or monitor.
    I have a
    Dell 630i quad core
    GeForce 8800GT x 2
    OS- Windows XP

I have removed each of the video cards and tried running the comp, but still not working same high pitched noise.

Please help!! I want my comp back in working order
  2. EDO219

EDO219 Newcomer, in training Posts: 298

?

Personally, I would call Dell on this one. Who knows, maybe you're still under warranty and you'll get a free motherboard replacement. :D
  3. rockyjohns

rockyjohns Newcomer, in training Posts: 82

Is the noise really high pitched or does it sound more like a jet engine taking off?
  4. chickmod810

chickmod810 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

it's a high pitched noise. One long beep.
    and the mobo was replaced a year ago :/

the fans start on the comp and video cards that is it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.