TechSpot

High-res touchscreen Google Chromebook surfaces in leaked video

By Shawn Knight
Feb 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. There’s no shortage of Google Chromebooks in the wild at this point as big names like Acer, HP, Lenovo and Samsung all offer a slightly different take on the platform. That base platform, however, may soon be getting some beefy...

Read more

2. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 716   +221

The day Chromebooks have PC-level gaming and full offline capability I'll be interested. Until then, whoop de doo.

3. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

Must be a touch device with the keyboard at a fraction of the price what Apple demands but looks like allowing my USB key and flash cards to be read. Frankly, this is what Blackberry could do earlier, but they a so slow.
    I think at this stage it becomes a game changer, I 'd buy, but need to have my hands on it 1st.

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,315   +266

Think I'll ask the job to get me one when they're released.

5. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 592   +45

It doesn't really matter how great the hardware is, as long as it's running Chrome OS, it's nothing but a big pile of "meh".

6. ArthurZ

ArthurZ TS Rookie Posts: 79

I used a Samsung ($250) version at a friend of ours and actually was impressed, long battery life, speedy browsing, Google Drive integration, in short all what I need it has it, and I am now thinking more and more about buying a next gen device.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.