TechSpot

Highest FSB for AXP1600+ with EPOX 8KHA+ w/o upping core voltage

By lokem
May 29, 2002
  1. Hi all,

I have the aforementioned system and I was wondering if anyone knows how high I can push my FSB w/o upping the core voltage.

I've tried 140Mhz and it's still ok and I'm thinking of pushing it higher. Anyone?

TIA.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,681   +392

Upping the FSB also stresses other componets as well so your cpu and mobo might not be the limiting factor. Anytime you up that you are risking damaging a component, although its probably a small risk if you have decent components. Really I'd say just keep pushing it if you like then back it off when it starts acting wierd. But I also don't accept responsibility if something fries :)

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 672

NO worries dude. I know what I'm getting into :D I'm just too lazy to open my case up to reset the BIOS when I can't boot up {g} Too bad EPOX didn't include the SHIFT feature to reset the BIOS like what ABIT does.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,681   +392

I unfortunately don't have good enough heatsink/fan and cooling to really do much with mine (T-Bird 1Ghz), I have upped the FSB some but I have problems when the processor hits about 1.1 and even some random problems below that. I think/hope that since my processor temps dont increase very much (2-3C) when I do that that the problem is because one of my 4-5 PCI cards (depending on what I'm using at the time) doesn't like the faster FSB.

5. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 672

This reminds me of my previous OC experience with my Celeron. I upped the FSB to an odd 140+Mhz and the CD writer started giving out odd errors.

I'm a bit jealous coz my friend's 1.6A is doing 2.2 w/o breaking a sweat although his temps are around 55-59C and my 1.4 is hovers at around 43-48.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.