TechSpot

Hijack This Log File attached as *.txt

By pccoach
May 14, 2008
  1. hello, I have attached a hijackthis.txt logfile. Multiple instances of Iexplore.exe open when I click once to open the browser. It had taken over my cpu and I've managed to get it back in usuable condition and can use Firefox for the Internet. however i am used to Iexplore and would like to fix the issue. thanks for any help.

2. pccoach

pccoach TS Rookie Topic Starter

HijackThis Log - question

I attached the file as a log file. have corrected and attached as text...duh.
    Any insight/help would be appreciated!

3. pccoach

fixed for now

I did some aggressive registry cleaning of Iexplore and downloaded IE7 and reinstalled. I also found virus in an external hard drive. not sure the file on external drive was the cuprit. anway....it is working now....thankfully I found your removal instructions to follow should this occur again. Thank goodness for this site and the good people who post!

4. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

Sorry for the delay, if you still need help I will need a fresh Hijackthis log

5. pccoach

I'm okay for now....thanks for taking the time to post!

6. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 4,048

no problem, sorry it took so long we are somewhat short handed

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.