Hijack This log file help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I have just received a laptop from a relative for the purpose of cleaning/removing unwatned software/spyware etc.. I have run the usual programs with latest definitions including Spybot Search and Destroy, XE Soft Spy, Avast Antivirus.
Upon scanning it found several hundred entries :eek:, all of wich were removed.

But my problem is before I removed the various entries using the above programs I was able to connect to the internet (albeit slow). But now I cannot get on any website.

[EDIT] Ive tried ping/tracert in command but both fail.* I just tried the commands again and now they are succesful. Still cannot acces any web pages though.* [EDIT]

I am indeed connected to my router, But I cant acces the router from the web browser :confused:

I have attached a Hijack this log file below, Any Help Will be much appreciated!

itseems like you have a tcp/ip problem. You might have remove registry entries that are associated with winsock. Open cmd and run the following command ipconfig/all. Check to see if dhcp is enabled and if your ip address is assigned by dhcp. Go to the following link and follow the instructions. what you could also do is use the winsock xp fix utility. Here is the link http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/WinSock-XP-Fix.shtml. i have used this utility a couple of times and it worked for me. Do this only if you have determined that this is what needs to be done. This is a safe procedure, but as with doing anything that might change computer settings. Please create a restore point, before attempting to do anything.
I am sorry if i haven't explained properly. i am in a rush. Good Luck.

I am on a wireless network, and I am able to succesfully ping the other computer (using the laptop in question)

But I am not able to ping the laptop from a computer on the same network Request timed out.

I have tried ipconfig/all and Dhcp is enabled.

I have also tried using the Winsock fix utility, But the problem remains. Thanks for the help its much appreciated.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

After tweaking a few settings of the network adapter, And switching browsers from Firefox, to Internet explorer 7 it seems to be working. Its a shame because imo Firefox is the better browser.

It also seems Avast antivirus is causing some issues, The browser will not work, when the resident protection is turned on. Will try installing/reinstalling etc.

Again thanks for the help. This thread can now be closed.

I TOO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM CAN ANYONE LOOK AT MY LOG

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 08:45:29, on 8/23/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FWService.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2008\TPSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\brss01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2008\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2008\AntiSpam\pskmssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2008\WebProxy.exe
c:\program files\panda security\panda internet security 2008\firewall\PSHOST.EXE
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back