Hijack this log for your review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help with my hijack this log attached.

My ie browser has been hijacked

Thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis-log-leblanc-may16-2008.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Leblanc,

Welcome to Techspot!

You have a lot of infections some minor some not so much

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log (or both)
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of Leblanc only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

When Combofix pop up message asked

"1/ 100 users computers didn't make it through this. Are you sure you want to continue?"

I considered my new laptop at stake and the unlucky week I had and chose to cancel at the time.

If you think its safe and really need this file. I'll go back and run combofix

Let me know.

Thanks

You were heavily infected. Some of the infections have been removed by the instructions but some have not. With these type of entries I need you to run combofix it should reveal the rest of the infections. You can run Deckard scan in it's place but that will create more work for both you and I. Ultimately the choice is yours and I will work with what you give me.

After you run one of those programs please install an Anti-virus program. I also recommend a firewall but dont enforce it before helping.

Anti-Virus
Avast Free
Avira Free <-My recommendation

Firewalls
Here are some firewalls which are free for personal use and most commonly used:
Comodo (Vista Compatible)
Kerio
Online Armor
Zonealarm Vista Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back