TechSpot

HiJackThis log - all help appreaciated

By Xander667
Oct 9, 2008
  1. Okay - it's a laptop and it's been running slowly.

It has Vista and is a nightmare for me to navigate round.

The log is attached, please give me advise on things I can remove - I'm sure their are prolly a few viruses on there also =S

-Thanks again!

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. Xander667

Xander667 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have now attached the correct log.

Please help.

-Thanks

4. kimsland

These files would have been removed by going to the above removal guide I suggested
    These ones looks a little strange:
    BigFix can automatically download and read technical support information provided by computer and software manufacturers and other technical support experts (published in the form of Fixlet® Messages) and can automatically check your computer for bugs, configuration conflicts, and security holes. Should only be started manually as it's a resource hog

I would suggest you go through Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions as stated above (if you want your computer clean!)

5. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

Also remove

6. kimsland

I think it may be a waste of time trying to solve issues (malware related) if the Member with issues doesn't follow the guide in full

What's your thoughts tw0rld, should we just wait now (or in future) if the member is asked to provide the logs, and nothing gets submitted?

7. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

I think this one might have quit on us. Your right it is pointless! As for waiting .....my addiction will not allow me to leave, I just keep checking until I lose interest.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.