Hijackthis Log, Hope this will fix my computer...

By maniac_lonestar
Dec 25, 2006
  1. Thank you, Merry Christmas.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I can see nothing nasty in your HJT log, what problems are you having?

Regards Howard :)
  3. maniac_lonestar

maniac_lonestar TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 118

Actually, I was downloading two very large files with Azureus while playing Warcraft III on the internet, so I joined a game and it froze on me and I got a blue screen of death!!!

And if you remember, I use to always get BSOD'd but I fixed it and also reformated my computer.

But this time my computer is already reformatted!!!

But when I restarted my computer, the system Disk Checked and fixed/detected a lot of currupted Azureus files. I uninstalled Azureus, but the computer is still slow.

I checked in Event Viewer when the computer is slow and I often get in System Section: Disk Event 7, and atapi Event 9.

I am not sure if my atapi's are messed up, but when the laptop BSOD'd I turned if off and vacuumed the 3 fans on the bottom. And it turns out that when the computer is only the two fans are working most of the time, and the middle smaller fan rarely spins.

I enabled minidumos I think, and I also enabled logging (not sure when to get log though)

EDIT: Should I just reformat my computer with my laptop's recovery disk?
  4. howard_hopkinso

Reformatting would seem to be a sensible course of action, if you don`t mind doing it.

5. maniac_lonestar

maniac_lonestar TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 118

Also Howard, the minute before I reformatted my laptop with the DVD recovery disk, it got scratched. Well because I didn't completely mount my DVD on the Drive, one side of it was sort of lifted and it got stuck in between two flat pieces of metal.

I can't take a picture of it scratched but it looks like i got soft grain sanding paper and rubbed it on a few times.

The picture I'm uploading has about 20 times the scratches but are way thinner. I don't know anything about CD Damage but it has way too many scratches on the edge.
  6. howard_hopkinso

If you`ve damaged your cd beyond repair, You could try it, but it may be buggered and not do it`s job properly. It`s your call.

You might try reinstalling Azureus and see if you delete the corrupted files through the programme.

I don`t know what else to suggest.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.