Hints suggest AT&T preparing to charge for FaceTime over cellular

By Shawn Knight
Jul 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T may be preparing to charge customers to use the FaceTime over cellular feature found in iOS 6. Preliminary testing with a developer version of Apple's next major software revision results in a popup message prompting the user to contact……

Read more
  2. p51d007

p51d007 TechSpot Booster Posts: 304   +40

Another "revenue stream" for the deathstar.
    I would assume you could still use the wi-fi version?
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,880   +348

Unless ATT wants to get rather large lawsuit, I would assume you could still use wifi.
  4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 630   +116

Eh well, either way I'm ditching AT&T when my contract is up. I have had enough with signing contracts for my cellular service.
  5. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Its rather hilarious how Bell was broken up and AT&T just bought it back piece by piece.
  6. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 348   +37

When will we finally see a lawsuit that forces At&t and all cellular to recognize all these "services" as hardware features and that they can only charge for the data and not for the way we use it.This and tethering charges should be illegal.
  7. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 332   +56

AT&T is just like T-1000, break it into many pieces and it will just reform itself.
  8. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

>_> They charge for everything else it seems :p
  9. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 206   +6

Times are hard for companies and what better way to fleece money then to target the retards who actually bought an iphone thinking it was a good phone :D
  10. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Seems like AT&T and Apple are a match made in heaven.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.