HIS Radeon HD 6770 question

argueta789

Hi i am running windows xp and the HIS radeon 6770 is direct x 11 and from what i recall windows xp dosent support 11 or 10. So am i wasting this cards potential if i cant use direct x11 or 10? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161387 computer specs:
Motherboard - ECS RC410-M
Hp Pavilion a1324n
1gb Memory
Inter Pentium 4
Ati Radeon Xpress 200
Has one Pci express 2.0X16 slot AND 1 free Pci slot
My power supply is a HIPRO -D3057F3R max output power 300W ,19A on 12+ rail

First thing's first: you shouldn't try to run a 6770 with that PSU. You'd need a 450W+ unit from a reputable company at least. Upgrade your PSU before you do anything else.

XP wouldn't be the thing that drags your graphics down; it would probably be the rest of your system. A Pentium 4 is going to be a major bottleneck. As annoying as this might seem, if you're looking for more performance, it might be time to look into a major (and probably money-consuming) upgrade :(. An AMD fusion based system is probably the way to go if you're looking to save money; a CPU (with GPU onboard)/micro ATX mobo/RAM set shouldn't cost more than $250. Keep in mind that these motherboards probably won't take IDE HDDs though ... and now, HDD prices have gone up. Ergh.

EDIT: Haha, I just read your earlier thread. :p.

yea i was thinking in upgrading to the 945 presler 3.4 ghz and the corsair 500 w psu , how about then? and a extra stick of ram

Back