HJT log assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

painterr

I am having a problem deleting these two Items that are listed in my hjt program:

R0-HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant=
R0-HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch=

I am running Vista Ultimate

I have right clicked on hjt and clicked on run as admistrator so I can delete them but they keep coming back. then I turned off my restorer and went to safe mode and ran hjt and tried to delete them but no luck! I also ran CWShredder and it came up clean.

I ran avast, CA Anti-spyware, Spybot, Ad-watch 2007, Aboutbuster and they all came up clean!

I will be thankful for any help you can give me!!

Hi,

Those two entries are actually legitimate and safe to have on your system. Your hijackthis log is actually clean. Are you facing malware problems of any sort?

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of painterr only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

No, I was running a google search on those two and this site came up and it had those two as a variant ones and there was a link posted about the two and how to get rid of them but it was deleted. It was posted over a year ago. I went to where they are suppost to be in the registery but couldnt find them there, so I was just wondering if they were lagit!! I just try and stay on top of everything.

But thank you for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back