HJT log for analysis.

By mijogo
Sep 27, 2007
  1. hi, can somebody take a look at my HJT log and tell me which are the bad stuff? i have a thesis deadline and that something is bogging my computer down. thanks.

View attachment hijackthis.log

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.
  2. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

I see that you have a number of antivirus programs installed. Only use one has having a number can slow system down and start-up.
    Apart from that i see no unusual software installed.

Regards Jase
  3. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

I'm fairly sure that O16 - DPF: {15589FA1-C456-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A} - h t t p:// is naughty and should be deleted.
  4. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

Yes Cinders is right. you should delete that

Regards Jase
  5. mijogo

mijogo TS Rookie Topic Starter

ah, i see. so it's just that one huh. thanks guys. more power. :)
  6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

I'm no HJT log expert. I fully expected an expert to look at the thread and give you explicit instructions but that hasn't happened, so I'll tell you what I usually do when confronted with a slow computer and malware. I download, install and update Spybot Search & Destroy from:

I then run a scan and let Spybot do its thing. I check all the nasty stuff it finds and I allow it to clean it all. It it encounters something it cannot delete then I download killbox from:

and delete the nasty files while rebooting or after ending the Explorer shell.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.