HJT log - help for a very annoying virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you've probably heard this all before but I have that unbelievably annoying msn virus. I'm not sure what it's specific name is.

All I know is that I got a message saying "omg is this you" followed by what looked like a photobucket link.

As soon as I was stupid enough to click, it infected my comp and send a billion other messages similar to it to all the contacts who were online on my list.

Everytime msn opens up, desktop icons like "wen" and "one" and "gol" etc keep popping up.

Not only that, but it's open my comp up to a bunch of other infections =/

Can someone help me please? I've posted on a few other boards for help, but it seems like my post keeps being looked over -.-

hello!
please go HERE, follow all the instruction to the letter. be sure to update hjt from the link given, after updating it alter the name to 'hijackthis1991', and then after all the scans have been done, post a fresh hjt log as a txt attachment along with avg log scan, instructions are there how to. you may also need to get a firewall. www.zonealarm.com its a free one

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

PRINTV~1

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

pvmodule.exe
in.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;localhost;<local>

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O2 - BHO: PrintViewBHO Class - {D4E0C464-30CE-4075-9A10-71FD106C2847} - C:\PROGRA~1\PRINTV~1\PRINTH~1.DLL

O2 - BHO: STOPzilla Browser Helper Object - {E3215F20-3212-11D6-9F8B-00D0B743919D} - C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\SZIEBHO.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [explorer] C:\Documents and Settings\ROSA\in.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PVModule] C:\PROGRA~1\PRINTV~1\pvmodule.exe

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\ROSA\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\PRINTV~1 Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as an ATTACHMENT See HERE. Let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Koneko only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hey, i'm having an issue now after downloading the zonealarm thing mentioned above.
When i went to reboot, my screen just went black after the Windows XP splash screen.
Now it constantly goes to that black screen.
Safe mode works though.

P.S I'm using laptop right now.

Uninstall Zonealarm it can cause problems on some systems.

Follow the instructions I have given you and post back with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Koneko only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

oh, and it also seems like the msn problem is now gone.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Just the other times I tried the moment it signed on it spread the virus message. And a bunch of processes popped up in taskmanager and icons popped up on the desktop.

That stopped.

Just checking though to be safe, is there more I should do?

Your HJT log is now clean.

Try the free Kerio firewall programme.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back