HJT log. Is this clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people.

I'm the archaic geek who relies on just using spybot, adaware, housecall and regedit to solve people's computer problems. I've decided to explore HJT because it's presence in the community (which i've tried to ignore because i'm just too lazy to try something new) is getting unmistakable. I've seen so many other new programs here, but will these programs seriously make a difference compared to the way I solve spyware/adware/trojan problems with my archaic method? (spybot/housecall/adaware/regedit) I've managed to solve all problems thus far. Or did they manage to hide from me?

Although I personally find that posting the whole log here instead of as an attachment helps web crawlers find similar problems they're facing when they do a search, and that posting the whole log doesn't actually cause much clutter, like i've seen in other i-cannot-remember-the-website forums, but I shall still follow the rules. Just do what the romans do. ;)

Anyway, here's my log. Please comment.

Cheers

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above, none dangerous entry, your HJT log is clean as a whistle.

I recommend you install antivirus and firewall software.

If you ever have any virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Hendon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello Howard,

What's that line for International? What is that about?

I keep virii for testing purposes and I've modified my IE and recently upgraded to IE 7, if that helps in anything.

Anyway, I've edited my first post so maybe you'd like to reply again to it?

You seem to be always around, that's crazy, but kudos to you.

O11 - Extra group in IE 'Advanced Options' window

In this section HijackThis tags the addition of an extra group in the "Advanced" tab of Internet options in IE. The options in the "Advanced" tab of IE options are stored in the registry and extra options can be added easily by creating extra registry keys. Very rarely malware add their own options there, E.g,. CommonName adds a group with a few options. Some legitimate programs also add their group there.

It`s always recommended to have HJT fix these entries. This is for the sake of safety, whether or not the 011 entry is safe or not. Fixing 011 entries will have no effect on any legit apps etc.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Hendon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back