HJT logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnight

Having issues with google redirects. Uploaded the hijack this log. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Your computer has been hijacked.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also, please attach the C:\fixwareout\report.txt.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of midnight only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You didn`t attach the Fixwareout log. Please do so in your next reply.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

AdwareAlert

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all 017 entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert<Delete the entire folder.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg

Once your system has rebooted, please post a fresh HJT log as well as the Fixwareout log.

Let me know if you`re still having any problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of midnight only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

more logs

Ok followed directions and attached both logs. The only issue I'm having right now is a "limited or no connectivity" message from my wireless connection. not sure if my wireless thing is going out or what? think its related? I just repair it or disable and enable over and over and eventually it connects. Thanks!

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

As for your wireless problems, if you can`t get them sorted, I suggest you open a new thread in our Storage and Networking forum.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back