Home Depot drops BlackBerry as official handset, switching to iPhone

By Shawn Knight
Feb 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Home Depot has confirmed plans to replace BlackBerry smartphones as the official handset provided to store managers, district managers, corporate-level staffers and field ops. The home improvement chain is reportedly already in the process of migrating roughly 10,000 users to...

Read more
  2. grumpiman

grumpiman Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Not really interesting news I'm afraid. Now if it was the other way around...
  3. Home Depot sells Cell Phones? "Buy ten 2x4s get a free BlackBerry?"s
  4. You didn't even read the article, funny man.
  5. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 198   +23

Home Depot sells a lot of stuff people don't know about. However, that, IMHO, is part of the problem. The sales people there do not know anything in depth about some items, either. I'm not sure what HD is trying to do, however, I, for one, would not go to HD for a cell phone.
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,382   +205

wiyosaya, if you would read the article, I'm sure that information would be revealed to you.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,781   +700

I would if I was a fledgling pickpocket.
  8. Sphynx

Sphynx Newcomer, in training Posts: 35

Makes me wonder if Blackberry is terminally late to the game. Android and iOS are now good enough to satisfy security concerns for government and big businesses, the main reason why Blackberry was popular in the past for those markets. The Z10 brings a new untested BB10 OS, new backend infrastructure and few apps. If I were a big enterprise buyer, I would stick with more established offerings rather than a new entrant.
  9. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 940   +94

"Home Depot has confirmed plans to replace BlackBerry smartphones as the official handset PROVIDED to STORE MANAGERS, DISTRICT MANAGERS, CORPORATE-LEVEL STAFFERS AND FIELD OPS."

Some of the comments above just show that even the first sentence is too far into an article for some people. :|

I should start a tech site with just headlines.....
    Ranger12 likes this.
  10. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 629   +115

And make the headlines so ambiguous and vague that they could mean anything and nobody would have a clue what the hell is going on.
    but it would be hilarious.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.