TechSpot

Home designed by Steve Wozniak hits the market for $4.5 million

By Shawn Knight
Mar 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A six-bedroom, six-bath house previously owned by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has once again hit the open market. The 7,500-square-foot home in Los Gatos, California, designed by the Woz in 1986 can be yours for $4.5 million, down from $5...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,089   +1,804

If I had 4.5 mil to drop on a house, this one would probably be last on my list. Something about the entire color palette matching Appel Store spec. just kills it for me.

P.S. Maybe it is a religion? http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385502,00.asp

3. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

If I had that kind of pocket change
    then I would probably choose a Veneno...
    or a Yacht.
    Hey... if you have 4.5 then what is 5.7?

4. Do you have to buy a new 4.5 mil house next year because this one is out of date? Will they change the locks and keys on me so I have to buy the new standard for that house?

5. Why hate on Woz? Woz is awesome and a genius. Just because he happened to work for Apple back in the day doesn't mean he's a carbon copy of Jobs and company. I don't know what Apple stores the first poster has been looking at but the only resemblance in colour is the use of light tan, which is certainly common in a lot of households. The other main color of Apple stores is silver, of which there is very little in that house.

6. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

Wow... 8 percent off!! what a deal!!

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,089   +1,804

It's a common color but a lot of $1m+ homes incorporate a more diverse palette & design elements to create character/something that catches the eye. What we have above is rather vanilla for the price range. This isn't me trying to hate on Woz; it's simply a statement of difference in taste.

Edit: And a failed Apple joke, apparently.

8. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,550   +231

"The home was recently redesigned and renovated"

It's possible the white washing of the interior is to present prospective buyers with a blank canvas. I wouldn't assume it was this way when Wozniak lived in it :)