TechSpot

Home Surveillance

By Pazuzu
Jul 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am thinking of installing a system to enable me to monitor the activity in and around a house to monitor the safety of the occupant. A contact has told me that he built a system with 4 cameras, 2 with sound for Approx. £1400 and using a static IP address he can keep track of activity in a vulnerable relatives house.
    Now I would like to consider the following :-

The risk of someone else being able to access the system - I want to use a wireless laptop to access live sound & images as well as review past activity stored on the server

How to monitor people entering the property & leaving - I guess two cameras mounted high points of the exterior wall would give me some help but I would need low level cams to capture faces.

In short, I need some affordable all round surveillance for a limited budget. I guess I need to cut down on the number of rooms I monitor without leaving too many blind spots.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.