Homepage will not finish opening

By steveow
Nov 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. HP Pavillion G6 Notebook
    Windows 7
    I have the following:
    SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, Avast Home, MalwareBytes and Comodo Firewall are all up to date regularily except Comodo....I'll explain below. I ran SAS, Avast and MalwareBytes quick scan and all comes up clean.

About 3 days ago I changed my home page from MSN to Foxsports. I turned on the laptop this afternoon and tried to get to the Foxsports homepage and a blank page opens. I can click on a favorites page but it will take 30 seconds+ for that page to open, so something is not right. I went to Internet Options/General and retyped MSN's homepage and applied, but this won't work either. I then went to Comodo and updated and when it finished it prompted me to help Comodo by using Yahoo as my new homepage. I did and that homepage will not open either.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,150   +597

Sounds like a DNS or browser cache problem.

• empty the browser cache, quit and relaunch it
    • try another browser.
    • get a command prompt and test the dns with this: nslookup
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,551   +332

Did you by chance change your home page on the SuperAntispyware program? Go to the SAS Program & click Preferences>Hi-jack prevention & change your home page there & see if it works now. Just an idea.:)
  4. steveow

steveow TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 67

Thanks for the replies.
    Not sure how it fixed itself but it did. After I turned the computer off for the night the next day Yahoo homepage popped right up and seems to be working just fine. I then ran all the scans over and all is fine. Who knows?!
    Nonetheless, I appreciate your help :cool:
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,551   +332

You're welcome, good luck(y)