Homepage will not finish opening

By steveow
Nov 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. HP Pavillion G6 Notebook
    Windows 7
    I have the following:
    SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, Avast Home, MalwareBytes and Comodo Firewall are all up to date regularily except Comodo....I'll explain below. I ran SAS, Avast and MalwareBytes quick scan and all comes up clean.

About 3 days ago I changed my home page from MSN to Foxsports. I turned on the laptop this afternoon and tried to get to the Foxsports homepage and a blank page opens. I can click on a favorites page but it will take 30 seconds+ for that page to open, so something is not right. I went to Internet Options/General and retyped MSN's homepage and applied, but this won't work either. I then went to Comodo and updated and when it finished it prompted me to help Comodo by using Yahoo as my new homepage. I did and that homepage will not open either.

Any help would be appreciated.
    steve
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,031   +222

Sounds like a DNS or browser cache problem.

• empty the browser cache, quit and relaunch it
    • try another browser.
    • get a command prompt and test the dns with this: nslookup google.com
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,569   +184

Did you by chance change your home page on the SuperAntispyware program? Go to the SAS Program & click Preferences>Hi-jack prevention & change your home page there & see if it works now. Just an idea.:)
  4. steveow

steveow Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 69

Thanks for the replies.
    Not sure how it fixed itself but it did. After I turned the computer off for the night the next day Yahoo homepage popped right up and seems to be working just fine. I then ran all the scans over and all is fine. Who knows?!
    Nonetheless, I appreciate your help :cool:
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,569   +184

You're welcome, good luck(y)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.