TechSpot

Hooking speakers up to my Dell laptop?

By Newlyfound08
Mar 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, I am new to TechSpot and I have a question. I am having a party and I was trying to figure out how I am going to play the music. One idea I had was to hook some speakers up to my laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501. Can anyone in this community give me any ideas or suggest different ways I could use to amplify my music for a party of about 50-75? thanks!!

-Newlyfound08

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,663   +86

Welcome to TechSpot!

Why don't you hook-up the laptop directly to your home stereo system, if you have one instead of speakers. Just have to buy what is called Y-adapter...

Y-adapter is 1/8 male connector with two RCA left and right connectors for audio. Works the same way like using and IPOD. As for speakers you need to get a 5.1 mini system with enough watts say 80 to 150w comes with 5 speakers and active subwoofer. Plus wireless remote.

3. Newlyfound08

Newlyfound08 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.