TechSpot

Hooking up two 2Wire gateways/routers together wirelessly?

By bmn187
Jan 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everybody,

I've been on these forums for a while, jus registered, cuz I had question of my own...

I have two 2Wire routers, one is 1701HG, the other is 2701 HG-G, both are wireless.
    The 2701 is the one that is connecting to the DSL line, and all of my PCs are connected to it (wireless). I have another PC and a 360 which don't have wireless cards and are far from the 2701 router.

Is it possible for me to use the 1701hg to wirelessly connect to the 2701hg, so I could have the 360 and the other pc connected to 1701 through ethernet and have internet access on both? I

Hopefully that was clear enough...

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

you want to create a wireless bridge is the technical term, your 1701 router must be able to act as a wireless bridge, go into its configuration page and see if their is a heading for it, if not then no you cant do what you want.

regards

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.