Horizontal lines with Radeon HD 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRobbie

I just installed a radeon 4850 into my PC.
however, as soon as i start a game, i get very faint horizontal lines going up the screen, i dont really no why, is it because of unstable drivers?? or is my monitor ****?? (60hz refresh rate)

Any help?
Thanks.

Can you explain a little more about your system. What video card was used previously? Which drivers are you running? Which type of monitor, LCD I assume? What resolution are you running?

Faint scrolling lines could be from some type of electrical interference.

I was originally using an integrated nvidia 9200 card.
im running the latest Windows 7 64 bit drivers.
my monitor is 60hz refresh rate only, and yes i think its an LCD
im running resolution 1366 x 768

and i would like to stress, the card is FINE, but these grey lines ONLY appear when i start Modern warfare 2....

60hz is normal, in case you were wondering.
Do all your other 3D games run without the lines?
Does changing the graphics settings do anything?
Are the lines always in one place?
Do you have the latest drivers?
What is your powersupply?
And how do you know your graphics card is fine...?

I'm sorry this is the highest amount of questions i've thought of for a single post.

If you haven't already, try uninstalling the old Nvidia graphics driver as well as the ATI graphics driver and reinstall the ATI graphics driver again.

Changing the graphics settings in game does absolutely nothing, there are still faint horizontal grey lines moving up the screen.
They always just slowly move up toward the top of the screen
I have all the latest ATI drivers for my software
My powersupply is a 400W Corsair CX PSU.

Sometimes my computer randomly wont boot and i wotn get the 'bleep' from my PC.
i literally just have to try 2 or three times and it will load, so random....
Also, it sometimes get stuck at the point where ''windows 7 is loading", and the screen just jams at that point...
This is all since i installed my new hardware. I didnt get the windows found new hardware wizard either. It's worth mentioning im on windows 7 64-bit.

Thats a good power supply.
If the grey lines move, it most likely is NOT a screen issue. If you really want to make sure, you could hook up another screen though;

If you haven't already, try uninstalling the old Nvidia graphics driver as well as the ATI graphics driver and reinstall the ATI graphics driver again.
Thats good advice, if you haven't already.
About the booting issues, thats bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back