Horrible driver problem, lost keyboard and mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reformatted an old Win XP computer today, used the program DriverMax to hold onto my old drivers. Even before I tried restoring the old drivers, I tired updating the ones on the computer already. After attempting to update a USB Human Interface Devices driver the computer froze, and after a force restart the usb mouse and keyboard stopped working. They are both connected and the keyboard works in the BIOS and boot setup screens. Safe mode didnt work. I can restore the old driver through this program if I could only access it. I tired using a different USB mouse (the one I use for a laptop) and no luck. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated and a lifesaver.

I you can borrow or if you have a serial keyboard and mouse, use them to navigate your way through the O/S.

Many times the security system will defeat the work of that old and hardly good Driver Max.

If you don't have anything of importance on the PC yet, format it again, and don't use Driver Max. And then use your official drivers found on the PC/motherboard manufacturers web page.

Have you check the Device Manager and looked for errors? You might need to click on the + sign to expand the sections.

Start> Run> type in devmgmt.msc> look for any yellow triangles w/Black ! noting error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back