Hosting CS:S server with dedicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowki91

So, i'm trying to host a server on Counter Strike: Source. Thing is, i can't get it online. When i'm trying to host it, with dedicated server, the server ip becomes "10.0.0.2:27015" which i guess i my local ip?

I've tried to do several different things. On my router i switched on something called "auto ip" and the router ip changed from 10.0.0.1 to something starting with 169, but i see that all ip's start with 192?

Well, to make my question a bit easier. How can i get my server online? Do i need to talk to my network dealer to get a static ip or something? Or can i i do i myself?

I know, i'm horrible explaining, but if you understood anything of what i just wrote and think you can help, please try :) All help is deeply appriciated!

(sorry for my bad english, not from any english speaking country ;) )

i can host one for you and / or if you want we could go trogh it step by step tomorrow?

So, i'm trying to host a server on Counter Strike: Source. Thing is, i can't get it online. When i'm trying to host it, with dedicated server, the server ip becomes "10.0.0.2:27015" which i guess i my local ip?

I've tried to do several different things. On my router i switched on something called "auto ip" and the router ip changed from 10.0.0.1 to something starting with 169, but i see that all ip's start with 192? )
the 10.0.0.2: address is a LAN address and will not be usable to your users.

To host ANYTHING;
  1. purchase a doman name; you then get a url and a static ip address assigned to that name
  2. purchase a hosting solution (ie where the sever will be located) OR get a busingess ISP connection and tell them your name/ip address
The 27015 number is the PORT number which your game will listen for user connections and it can be anything the game can configure

Cool i'll paly CS:S my adddy is badassdave and my other is razzer405
These are NAMES, not addresses.
Ping one of them to see the addresses.

If they start with 192.168.x.x, then Internet users can not join your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back