TechSpot

Hosting CSS Dedicated Server

By Maftec
Dec 7, 2008
  1. Hello guys. I got a problem with my Dedicated server in css, i dont actuly know what ip im gonna use to make people join. And no idea about the routers (i think it is 27015). I use Thomsom (if for any help)

Please tell me if there anything more i should writhe about my internet and i will put it up.

2. SAVAGExCHAOS

SAVAGExCHAOS TS Rookie

well please describe the problem more. are you needing help configuring your router too? if so please post make and model of the router.

3. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 261

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,318   +618

The IP issue is not purchase hardware issue, but a DOMAIN NAME purchase which will give you a basic URL http:// whatever.com / and a fixed, known IP address in the public DNS.

Then you decide to purchase a HOSTING solution OR host it yourself and inform your ISP of your IP/DOMAN Name (they will likely charge you for a business connection).

5. Maftec

Maftec TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well thats not the problem. I have hosted a Warcraft Server before so the routers work fine i think. Well how do imake a model of my router? :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.