TechSpot

Hosting games on Starcraft help?

By hellokitty[hk]
Jun 18, 2008
  1. So whenever i host games on starcraft, people can't join because "the latency against the game creator is too high" or something. Anyway, i heard that you have to open some ports in order to properly host games.

How exactly do i do that? I went on IE and went to 192.168.1.1 and it didnt work, went to 192.168.2.1 and it brought me to the belkin setup utility. Im pretty sure its 6112-6119 but belkin has a starcraft router profile built in and it set it at 6112-6112 and UDP. I tried messing around with the numbers and stuff but it still wont work...

Anyone know what i do?

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,266   +92

Make sure it's open for the proper IP and make sure both UDP and TCP are selected.

By the way, I play StarCraft pretty regularly these days, I'd be glad to play with you if you're interested. PM Me your StarCraft name/Gateway. Fair warning though, I suck pretty bad :'(.

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Topic Starter Posts: 3,435   +145

THANKS!!! it worked, i had to make two connections, one for TDP and one for UDP. I can host now :)!

4. hellokitty[hk]

O.o, it stopped working...............

Do i have to use a static ip?

I have Upnp or something enabled. Also whenever ichange anything, it always reverts back to selecting starcraft at 6112-6119 TCP, and 6112-6119 UDP. I can never seem to change it. If i press apply, it loads for a moment the goes back to the homepage, then when i check, its the same.

5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,266   +92

No, however, when your IP changes you'll have to reconfigure your router's settings. Pop into the web-based configuration screen again and use your current IP address (which you can find by opening the command prompt and entering the command "ipconfig").

6. hellokitty[hk]

......tricksters....

But still, it wont let me change any settings...when i change and apply, it goes back!!!!

Should i try to update it or something??

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.