Hosting games on Starcraft help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellokitty[hk]

So whenever i host games on starcraft, people can't join because "the latency against the game creator is too high" or something. Anyway, i heard that you have to open some ports in order to properly host games.

How exactly do i do that? I went on IE and went to 192.168.1.1 and it didnt work, went to 192.168.2.1 and it brought me to the belkin setup utility. Im pretty sure its 6112-6119 but belkin has a starcraft router profile built in and it set it at 6112-6112 and UDP. I tried messing around with the numbers and stuff but it still wont work...

Anyone know what i do?

Make sure it's open for the proper IP and make sure both UDP and TCP are selected.

By the way, I play StarCraft pretty regularly these days, I'd be glad to play with you if you're interested. PM Me your StarCraft name/Gateway. Fair warning though, I suck pretty bad :'(.

O.o, it stopped working...............

Do i have to use a static ip?

I have Upnp or something enabled. Also whenever ichange anything, it always reverts back to selecting starcraft at 6112-6119 TCP, and 6112-6119 UDP. I can never seem to change it. If i press apply, it loads for a moment the goes back to the homepage, then when i check, its the same.

No, however, when your IP changes you'll have to reconfigure your router's settings. Pop into the web-based configuration screen again and use your current IP address (which you can find by opening the command prompt and entering the command "ipconfig").

......tricksters....

But still, it wont let me change any settings...when i change and apply, it goes back!!!!

Should i try to update it or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back