TechSpot

Hourly BSODs on Win 7 Home Premium, error STOP: 0x0000001E

By master97242
Jan 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have been having random crashing/ freezing for the last week now, if anybody can help me, please, please help me. I will upload my mini dumps from the crashes.

Attached Files:

2. odriscoll27

odriscoll27 TS Rookie Posts: 66

hey master 972542 welcome to TS :),
    OK for some reason it wont let me open the minidum on this PC dam thing so will have a look when i get home however some of the usual suspects that cause this error are:
    Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, memory, BIOS

Yhu could run a file system check first. To do that type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/"). Also make sure that yhu have the most upto date device drivers for yhur hardware etc. let us know what happens

Hope this helps
    James

3. master97242

master97242 TS Rookie Topic Starter

For some more info, It only happens AFTER I do major updates. and I already ran SFC /SCANNOW and it wasn't able to fix any problems. I can give you a CBS log though and see if you can find out what's wrong, maybe. But anyways, thanks in advance

4. master97242

master97242 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry, I can't upload the CBS log file because it's too big. but I can re-upload the DMPs in text form.

Here they are

Attached Files:

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Looks like this could be related to the video driver. Have you checked the memory?