How can compress GB file to MB file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashim56

Hello dear brothers and experts hope u all will be fine my english is little weak sorry for that.
I have instaled gta sanandras which fulling my c drive how can i compress it and reduce it size do u have any software or thing if u know then plz tell me and link me how to compress gb file into mb files thanx in advance experts help me ?

You can't compress game files. But you can add another hard drive (D: ?) to store your extra programs on.

google about file-system level compression. you'll have a penalty in read/write speed, but files will taka less space, then their original size.

p.s. simplest way to use the thing: check flag 'use compression' during format of a logical drive with std win tool

Compressing code

Hi Hashim56, You cannot compress (zip) a game such as GTA San Andreas, and then expect it to work again.
But you can compress your own work, using something like;
http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

It's much easier to add another hard drive, and give your PC more room to save to.
Or if your PC has no spare hard drive slot, then you can use an extra drive in a USB port.
But some games need to be installed and run from the C: drive and no other.

Nothing beats 7zip on LZMA2 on Ultra compression.
2.4 GB Transformers The Game compressed to 210 MB.
That's only bout storing though. You can't run it unless you extract it. I'd rather recommend you to delete unnecessary files. Using CCleaner maybe? Or ASC 5?

Abbas, the DVDRips' sizes depend on the length and quality of the movie. So that isn't a valid arguement.
Multimedia files are least compressable anyway. They are already compressed by their format.
I had a 700 MB .avi file.
I converted it into a 550 MB .mkv file.
Then a 1.2 GB .h246 blu-ray file.
See what I mean?
This thread should be locked now.

Agreed. Whatever the OP was trying to do has surely been answered already. Nothing good can come out of continued postings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back