How can get a front usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripken204

i want to get the ASUS p5ad2-e mobo and i dont think it has any front usb ports and my case has connections for 2 usb in the front, how would i be able to do this if my mobo doesnt come with fron usb?

I look at your M/B and it has ubs in the back not the front but there should a spot to wire the case ubs ports to the M/B. Hope that helps you. puke:

ya i no theres 4 in the back, im pretty sure there are 2 firewire in the front, theres 1 in the back, but still not too sure about the usb in front

IF case has front USB this is a start.. You will need to take the leads from the usb and connect them to the usb just follow the picture on page 2-29 article 9 make sure you have everything on the right post..

usb

your usb connections on the front of your case should have a wire coming from them. It should have something like a 7 or 9 pin(4/5pins over 3/4 pins I can't remember) female connector on the end. Your board should have some usb connectors that are 7 pin male sticking somewhere. looks like this :::. or else this ::::.

the board has this type ::::.
and the case i will be getting has cables for the usb as far as i can see from the pic but i dont know what the connection is like on it, thx for ur help tho, now i know that i can have front usb.

ripken204

Do a Google with this as search-text: how to build your own computer
Then do your 'homework' and start reading those websites.
It will give you all the basics you need, and you have it all in one place.
Much better than posting one question after another....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back