How can I add a forum to my website?

lopdog

I want to add a (small) forum to my existing website, does anyone have any advice? I already have hosting, and my current website is created with Joomla! 1.7.
Are there any extensions I could use, or should I use install another forum system?

It should be possible to have Spanish user interface.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Install whichever forum software you choose to another directory rather than the main directory of your domain. e.g. whateveryourdomainis.com/vb as opposed to whateveryourdomaineis.com which is where I would imagine Joomla is installed now.

I do the same thing with my forum and front end. My front end is Wordpress, and my forum is vBulletin. You can even get bridges that allow you to use the same credentials to access both the forum and the front end.

Thanks. Do you have any recommendations as to what forum software I could use? You say you use vBulletin, and I've just taken a look at phpBB, but on their websites they both claim to be the best/most used/most powerful etc. Who should I believe? :p

Well, they're all going to think they're excellent aren't they? :haha:

I use vBulletin, but you do have to pay for it. Others like phpBB are free. They're all easy enough to install, so just have a play and find one that fits you.

Yes, I've downloaded PHPBB, and it looks great, has lots of support, and works fine for my purpose. Thank you guys.

Back