how can i copy the drivers to cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee1man

2 put it plainly can i get drivers from one pc and install them in another removed excessive ? marks they are identicle systems hardware wise. if so how can i copy the drivers to cd?

Do you have the .exe of the drivers or do you just want to extract them from PC 1 and carry them over to PC 2? If it's the latter, not that I'm aware of. If you know the hardware specifications, just download the .exe's online, it's not all that time consuming.

yes well im not sure of the hardware installed is thier such a thing as a motherboard driver? i have the graphics sorted i kept that driver and the sound driver , but the sound still isnt working, it says theres no sound card installed. nor any network drivers anyideas? sorry im a bit new to all this, the computer is a Packard Bell , intel celeron 2.8gigz with i gig ram , 40 gig maxtor hdd . its model is imedia, M216 SN . 273697717, and the country im in is new zealand,

whats the sound card ? and where do i find it in the desktop

You can search for your PC on Packard Bell's support site here.

Your motherboard is essentially a giant bus system with devices, and the devices on the motherboard require drivers, yes.

A sound card is basically an advanced digital to analog I/O device that feeds your speakers or headset "sound". This too needs drivers. The sound card on that PC is likely integrated within the motherboard.

thanks

hey thanks for the link Zeno much appreciated, i got sound now and internet connection , now theres just a few ruff spots to iron out thanks for the help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back