How can i delete right protected files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Ok here again I think this web site is fab and sorry if i make a mistake on where i post my probs still new at this but advice so far been great and has worked so here goes. Mcafee virus scan cannot delete 2 files it states they are right protected the files are: Adware-rblast didr and Adware save now. Any help.

Boot into safe mode, and turn off system restore.

This will delete all your restore points, which is where a lot of malware/viruses live.

Rescan your system. Hopefully the baddies will get killed.

Once done. Boot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Might I also suggest, you read these threads by RBS. Follow all the instruction exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

If after doing that you`re still having problems. See How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Regards Howard :)

If you are firmiliar with MSDOS you could boot in DOS and delete the file trees includuing any write protected files. However be carefull sience you could accidently delete something you don't want deleated.Like windows syetem files were malware likes to hide. If you do not know how to use DOS don't use it to delete these files.As a previous post said safe mode should work but I have come across some files that were not accessable through safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back