How can I find the activation codes I used for programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Man

Hi:)

I'm going to be upgrading my Hard drive really soon(100GB is awful small)

I lost my Microsoft office 2007 box

How would I find out what the code is I used to activate the program for when I installed it.

I think the code was in that White envolpe but I usally keep them in a CD case

Also would the steps be the same for other programs I have installed so i can write down the codes if I can't find the box.

Thanks

Maybe you can do a system backup to an external, and restore on to your new HDD.
There are programs out there that claim they can retrieve hte keys, I don't know how reliable they are...

Maybe you can do a system backup to an external, and restore on to your new HDD.<snip>
If i might clarify, you'll need to certain to use a tool like Acronis True Image to clone your hard drive when you do the backup/restore vs. using a tool that simply backsup your computer system's files and folders

Yeah, you can import your reg files by REGEDIT:)
Oh my gosh, no. Yes, is true you can import registry files, but knowing WHICH files to import or maybe even specific registry keys need be changed can be an impossible task and more likely cause registry corruption and system crash

You can use a free tool to get your Office 2007 product ID. Google or Bing for Product Key Finder, or perhaps Magic Jelly Bean. There are plenty of them from which you can choose. They will find any previously installed product key that is still in the registry.
Microsoft isn't going to tell you.

magical jelly bean key finder will find your OS.
there are other keyfinders out there, but many are nefarious. be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back