TechSpot

How Can I Make My Computer Better

By Sev
Mar 18, 2009
  1. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

Just what do you want us to tell you? Did you build this system?

2. Sev

Sev TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 112

ya i just wondered what could i improve with what i already have, and i forgot to post, whats better the 6gigs running @ 845 mhz or 4 gigs running @ 1000mhz

and is it possible to pass 3.0 with the 4400+.. i can get to 2.91 and it seems fairly stable, but as soon as i pass 3.0 wont load windows.. ive been messing with voltage all day but havent seen to be able to get to 3.0+

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

Is your Vista 64-bit? I just got my system to recognize 4GB in both Vista 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit, by replacing my motherboard. I would think the 6GB running @ 845MHz would be better. Overclocking limits are set by hardware configurations. I can't get my Intel Q6600 past 2.7GHz

4. Sev

Sev TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 112

yeppers 64bit

well the 2 OCZ are dual channel and the 1gigs arnt.. so its a toss up right now

and just noticed the corsair ram link is wrong. its 2x1024 :\ wrong link lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.