TechSpot

How can I open a folder?

By Trafficflow
Mar 8, 2009
  1. I got fed up with Aol today and loaded Hardy Heron. I can go online with a wired connection but not wireless. I am going to load my software for my adapter but I do not know how to open a folder.Can anybody help?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

What folder are you talking about? If it's a software executable, either double click on it or go to Start -> Run and browse for the file and click "OK."

3. Trafficflow

Trafficflow TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 132

How can I open a folder

I have a problem. I can not log on. I wrote the password down but I can not log on? Do I have to reload or can I do something?

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

5. Trafficflow

How can I open a folder

I can get into the computer. It is for Ubunta that I can not get open. Did a lot of changes over the weekend.Will the links work on Ubunta?

6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Sorry my mistake :eek:

A bit too quick I was to reply

Even though it's a Linux distro, I don't believe the above works on non Windows
    You may need to check.

7. Trafficflow

How can I open a folder

I do not think it will work so lets go a different way. How can i get to the partition to delete? Or can I put the disk in and do a reload. I just loaded yesterday no big deal

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,690   +337

Yes. You can just redo it from the install disk. There are 2 passwords you set up for Linux. One is the root password, its a password you need to make any administrative changes, the other password is for a regular account. Make sure you are using the right password for the right user.

9. Trafficflow

How can I open a folder

Well I reinstalled and I am back where i started.I am trying to open driver and it will not open when I click on it. If I try to open with another app it tries to open but wrong program. I know this is simple but I can not get in the door

10. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,087

In the terminal cd to the destination, then sudo ./drivernameinfull

for example if its on the desktop

cd ~/Desktop/
    sudo ./driver.example

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.