How can I read GPU temp?

Infantry1982

I have just recently installed a WC system on my PC and I would like to view my GPU temps. I have two GTX 480s in SLI.

Anyone know of some good reliable software?

Hii infantry,
This program is excellent for temps, I have found it to match the bios temps very well. I would not depend on it for accurate voltage readings.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

most software that comes with the GPU is very good as well Catalyst, for ATI etc. or the specific card brand. Asus Smartdoctor for example.

I use MSI Afterburner also. It works very well with other brand SLI cards, mine are Palit. And it will tell you just about everything you ever wanted to know about your GPU's.

If you want a good software for checking your GPU temps and stressing the GPU's at the same time, Furmark works really well. It will log your GPU temps as you go too.

If you want a good software for checking your GPU temps and stressing the GPU's at the same time, Furmark works really well. It will log your GPU temps as you go too.

Not only that, but furmark will show you the top temp your GPU will reach, I don't know anything that heats up the GPU like furmark does. (or as my daughter calls it "the fuzzy doughnut") Just don't run the Extreme burn in mode and walk away.

Just don't run the Extreme burn in mode and walk away.

That's exactly what I did do this afternoon. I strapped an 80 mm noctua fan with a low noise adapter to the passively cooled card you gave me. Now it maxes out at 76 with Furmark, as opposed to 95 or so before.

That's exactly what I did do this afternoon. I strapped an 80 mm noctua fan with a low noise adapter to the passively cooled card you gave me. Now it maxes out at 76 with Furmark, as opposed to 95 or so before.

Yeah that 3650 with the passive aluminum HS was a hot little sob, The card only had maybe (and I am not exaggerating) 6 hours of use on it. believe it or not, it had a small fan on it originally that was hotter running than the passive HS that is on it now.

Back