How can I recover my videos?

ttgavenged

Please help me, I know im retarded or whatever, but i just reformated my drive and if my mother finds out i just wiped 1.5 years of videos, i am ****ED. Please, is there ANY ways of getting it backed? I just did a fresh install of Win 7 Home Pre. 64-bit.

Theory 1: Once you delete a file from recycle bin, its still there. its just w8ing to be overwritten. Right? So, u see what im saying? would my stuff still be there since all i have done is install Google Chrome. that's it. PLEASE help me or i am DEAD

i just reformated my drive and if my mother finds out i just wiped 1.5 years of videos, I just did a fresh install of Win 7 Home Pre. 64-bit.

Theory 1: Once you delete a file from recycle bin, its still there. its just w8ing to be overwritten. Right? would my stuff still be there since all i have done is install Google Chrome. that's it.

You have contradictory statements.
(1) you reformatted the drive = you lost everything
(2) you reinstalled Win 7 = depending upon the options taken you probably lost everything
(3) you deleted a file from recycle bin = you lost what was deleted from bin
(4) you installed Google chrome = didn't affect anything else

Get clear in your mind what did you actually do....reconcile yourself to having lost everything. Learn about backup. Dont defeat the entire purpose of recycle bin in future.

Results varies. It depends on whether the part of the disk is over-written by new data. You can take a look at this: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

As a test, I formatted an old drive I had. Then ran this program, it was able recover some files. I ran this program immediately and didn't do anything to the drive after formatting it.

Back