How can I view everything firefox has downloaded? Temporary Internet Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno2k3

Which folder should i try to access?
How come some folders blank but they have files inside them?

Im running Windows XP and i use FIREFOX to browse the internet.

I wanna view all the files that have been downloaded / viewed throughout the day.

Thanks!

at the top of the browser,select History-show all history. for downloads select 'tools'-'downloads'

Thanks for your reply.

I meant i wanna view every single image that was viewed on this computer. I know all the images are stored onto the computer somewhere.

So like if i viewed a picture of a tree on some random webpage 2 days ago for example, i would be able to locate that picture of a tree somewhere on my computer? In some folder. Correct?

Thanks agian.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried looking in there, its empty.

The files seem to be hidden. I cant view anything.

How can i unlock this folder so i can view everything inside it?

are you sure your virus scanner, or a program like ad-aware isnt set to empty the folder when its run? a registry cleaner like ccleaner will do that as well.
or if someone deliberately wanted there internet activities deleted, its easy to do

Thanks for the reply.

I tried looking in there, its empty.

The files seem to be hidden. I cant view anything.

How can i unlock this folder so i can view everything inside it?

Vista = Control Panel -> Folder Options -> view tab -> select the button for show hidden files and folders -> apply

XP = open my computer -> tools -> options -> view tab -> select the button for show hidden files and folders -> apply

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

or

c:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files

been to long since i used XP but in Vista you can also find your cache

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\Cache

fyi.. Here's a cool tool to
>> Easily find the directories used by ANY browser for their cache and temporary files, etc.
>> Vew all currently open files and the directories used by each program running on your computer.

You can use the tool
1) To see the open files by each running process (programs run as one or more processes)
2) See what directory a program writes its files into
3) When you keep getting those Windows "Cannot delete. File is in use" error, you can now find what program is keeping it open!

Download OpenedFilesView. Click the column header to sort by process name or directory/file, etc.

Note: For the most part you will be looking for files and folders under (for XP) C:\Documents and Setting. Files/folders you may see open under C:\Windows are Windows internal stuff generally needed/used by the program so it can run

Vista will be a bit different (i forget its directory structure tho again stuff opened under C:\Windows will be for Windows internal stuff

How can I view everything firefox has downloaded? Temporary Internet Files
Which folder should i try to access?
How come some folders blank but they have files inside them?

A download is something you want to put on your hard drive such as a program. It can be found in Tools> Downloads. The downloads will remain there until you check 'clear list.' 'the 'download' feature has 2 parts:
Downloading the setup file and saving it to the desktop or other location.
Running or installing the program from the setup.

IF you download a program and run-install- it, it will be in the temp or tmp file- not temporary internet files. They are different. Most programs- but not all-'clean up after the setup has been run.

On the other hand, the sites that have been visited during the time History has been set for, appear as temporary internet files.

You've gotten some good directions. But I'm not sure what it it is exactly you're wanting to do.

Are you trying to scout out what sites a kid has gone to- sites they may have accessed, for instance?

That's called History and it remains on the computer for as long as you have it set for> or until it has to overwrite due to system limits. It's save with the site address, called the URL.

On the other hand, if you download anything in Firefox, you have put it on your computer> it's not just a URL for the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back